Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Gains and Losses

Jack-in-the-pulpits in profusion! Tiny specimens sprout within the shadow of established plants. Epimedium galore! A miniature maidenhair fern is setting out a substantial miniature crown. Columbines are rampant. I must remove half of them - after they bloom.

The tiny Japanese poppy has flowered. Some other as yet nameless surprises are poking up.

The Diablo Ninebark is a glorious dark fountain in the garden's centre.

I have to decide whether to get rid of the strawberries or let them take over everywhere.

Now the bad news - my wisteria is dead. ::sob:: Three years of lovely growth over my pergola. Hardy hanging blooms right from year one. I watch. I wait. I scratch bits of bark and note the green underneath. But nothing grows. Hubby expresses concern. We follow the trunk down to its roots and see that there it is split right up the middle. Can it be wrapped? I don't know. But I'm pricing new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite in your comments. I'm Canadian, you know.