Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Trees in Bloom

Hasn't this been the best year for Magnolia trees? Warm days and cool nights, following that hot week in April when the buds popped. Practically every time I turn a corner, I'm stopped by one of these old beauties in extravagent bloom.

And their tiny echo, the double Flowering Almond bushes, are just about to open.
When else do we get to enjoy so much pink?

Both my fruit trees are also in furious bloom. One, I don't remember ever flowering before. Can't wait to find out whether its a plum or peach tree.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Someone on my street had 2 cubic yards of quadruple mix and 2 yards of cedar bark dumped on their driveway and they are slowly spreading it around. I have to do this-all this sun and my soil looks too dry. how about you? Did you add anything yet? Cath

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite in your comments. I'm Canadian, you know.