Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Spring Rain

Off our second floor bedroom is a deck. Really it's the flat roof of the garage, but with a nice wooden floor, we think of it as a deck, though it's proved to windy to enjoy for long.

But rain is another matter.

There is an aluminum roof over the deck - brown and white - an untarnished awning. When it rains, I enjoy nothing more than to sit on my bed in the half-light and listen to the rain pound the awning. Even a gentle fall produces a steady resonant drumming.

There is a clothesline out there. When we first moved in, I was inclined to remove it, but at the first rain, I saw that birds, mostly white-throated sparrows sought its refuge.

And there they were today. Thunder, lightning, a driving duo of rain and hail, and four anxious sparrows staying dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite in your comments. I'm Canadian, you know.